| Saturday, October 31, 2009 |
the trick was getting all these shots but the treat is all yours...behold the pack:
row 1 (l to r): demeter, astrid, murray, simon
row 2 (l to r): jewel, wilson, indi, phineus row 3 (l to r): fletcher, watson, reilley, zander row 4 (l to r): flanagan, speck, carley, dooley
| Saturday, October 24, 2009 |
last week dave received an email from barron’s, a publisher of educational books, noting that they had come across his photography and were interested in licensing his catalog of dog photographs for use in their books. i should note that dave first took up photography out of necessity. we needed product shots and shots of our dogs for earthdog and the advent of digital cameras allowed us to update our catalog and website more frequently than were we to hire a photographer, the...
| Tuesday, October 20, 2009 |
i work out most mornings on an elliptical machine. i’m only imparting this information because it’s pertinent to this post, otherwise i would keep my workout schedule to myself and let you think i come about my zaftig figure naturally. phineus is my consummate workout partner, however, the only physical activity he does is the short run it takes for him to get to the room when he realizes working out is happening. it seems like he thinks if he’s in the room while...
| Saturday, October 17, 2009 |
this is how wilson and astrid spend a good bit of their time. if this video were in smellovision you would be stopping it immediately and waving your hand in front of your nose.
| Saturday, October 17, 2009 |
so the dogs and i are enjoying a lazy, chilly saturday at home and carly can’t find a seat on the couch. i happen to be sitting on her favorite chair with my computer (and wilson) so she’s kind of out of luck. the video below is her reaction to the predicament. i should state that 93.75% of our dogs inherently know not to get on tables…the other 6.25% is carly and her very soft brain. normally she would be told to get down but i figured i’d see...
| Monday, September 28, 2009 |
this is what happens when the deaf and blind get together. we may go to hell for laughing at this but you gotta find the humor in everything, right?
| Friday, September 25, 2009 |
about 5 years ago today this fantastic specimen arrived on this earth to spread his joy and phatitude. my scientific equation for figuring out birth days is as follows: date of dog's arrival in colella household - approximate age = exact colella birthday. this equation works unless the exact colella birthday falls around a holiday and then exact colella birthday moves to holiday...with 16 dogs any help with remembering a day is much needed. so now you know and you can...
| Sunday, September 13, 2009 |
years ago dave & i used to play tennis fairly regularly until my bad shoulder became my worse shoulder and we hung up our racquets. lately, because i’ve gotten my shoulder in better shape, i’ve been thinking of trying to play again. we decided to buy some balls, dust off the racquets (seriously, dave’s required a hosing) and try hitting a few balls in the driveway just to see how it felt. because we tend to do things in a “different” (moronic...